+55 11 3033 3731 +55 11 96335 firstname.lastname@example.org
View version in PDF
Carolina Caetano is the head of Licks’ trademark prosecution team in São Paulo. She joined Licks Attorneys in 2021 and has over 8 years of experience in the trademark field, having worked in top-ranked law firms in Brazil in the Intellectual Property area. Mrs. Caetano’s practice focuses on trademark prosecution matters involving large trademark portfolios of both International and National companies in the most various market fields such as: Fashion, Automobile, Energy, Pharma, Food, Telecommunications, Oil & Gas and Healthcare.
Mrs. Caetano’s practice also focuses on copyright, trade-dress, geographical indication and fashion law matters.
• Intellectual Property
• Trademark, Trade Dress
• & Publicity Rights
• Trademark Prosecution
• Geographical Indications
• The 2020 edition of Análise Advocacia 500 recognized Ms. Caetano as one of the most respected Attorneys in its area of practice.
• The first edition of Análise Advocacia Mulher in 2021 recognized Ms. Caetano as one of the most respected Attorneys in its area of practice.
• Brazilian Bar Association – São Paulo Section (OAB/SP);
• LL.B., Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas – São Paulo (FMU-SP), 2015.
• Course “Forensic Sciences”, Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas - São Paulo (FMU-SP), 2013.
• Practical course in Digital Law, Escola Superior de Advocacia – São Paulo (ESA-SP), 2016.
• Advanced course in Transfer of Technology contracts, Brazilian Industrial Property Agents Association– (ABAPI), 2017.
• General course in Intellectual Property, World Intellectual Property Organization – (WIPO), 2019.
• Advanced course in Copyright and Related Rights, World Intellectual Property Organization – (WIPO), 2019.
• Advanced course in Copyright and Entertainment contracts, Associação Paulista da Propriedade Intelectual – (ASPI), 2019.
• Extension Course “Fashion Law in Intellectual Property”, Brazilian Industrial Property Agents Association– (ABAPI), 2020.
• Course “Madrid Protocol: Practice and opportunities”, Brazilian Industrial Property Agents Association– (ABAPI), 2021.
• Course “Geographical Indications: Practice and opportunities”, Brazilian Industrial Property Agents Association– (ABAPI), 2021.
• “Big Mac’s trademark exclusivity” (Correio Braziliense, March 12, 2019);
• “Creation or cultural appropriation – an analysis facing Prada’s controversial sandal” (Mundo Marketing, July 2020 available at https://www.mundodomarketing.com.br/artigos/larissapietoso-e-carolina-bandiera/38760/criacao-ou-apropriacao-cultural-%E2%80%93-umaanalise-frente-a-polemica-sandalia-da-prada.html );
• “Miel Gibson and the limits of the use of proper names” (Migalhas, August 2020 available at Miel Gibson e os limites de uso do nome próprio (migalhas.com.br) );
• “Blue Tiffany and the protection of colours as intangible assets” (Migalhas and Propmark, April 2020 available at Azul Tiffany e a questão da proteção de cores como ativos intangíveis (migalhas.com.br) and Azul Tiffany e a questão da proteção de cores como ativos intangíveis -propmark)